Among the many Reiki techniques I had the opportunity to experience throughout the years, there’s one that made me rethink my daily practice.
It’s very simple … from a physical standpoint.
Yet, it has a complex effect on the spiritual plane.
This method is called the “cone of light.”
Its purpose is to help cleanse and protect your energetic bodies from unwanted influences.
This is not a miraculous way of ridding yourself of negative energies. It’s more of a “boost” that will help you cleanse your energetic fields and centers to some extent.
You can use the cone of light before and after self-treatment. It’s also useful when treating others, but remember to always have their consent.
Ask, explain, and even accept rejections.
The simplicity of this method made me think about Reiki as a whole. How this complex art form can be so simple yet so effective.
It’s amazing how powerful such straightforward techniques can be. This means that there are many other ways to simplify the Reiki practice.
But why do it?
Because you can eliminate confusion, or part of it, save time, procrastinate less, and better understand what you are healing. Not getting lost in too much information can actually be the best way to progress.
The Benefits Of Using A Cone Of Light
The cone of light is nothing more than “common sense.” It doesn’t require more than a couple of minutes.
We’re constantly exposed to the residual energies of the people we come in contact with and the places we visit. Of course, not all are negative. But an extra layer of protection is always helpful.
The best part is that this method doesn’t obstruct your ability to communicate with others. There will be no barrier of energy that will compromise your interaction with the outside world.
How To Do It
- Activate the following sequence above your head: Cho Ku Rei + Sei He Ki + Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen + Dai Ko Myo (if you are attuned to level 3 Reiki). This is the tip of the cone. You’ll activate the universal source of life force energy through this sequence of Reiki symbols.
- Visualize how a cone of light grows from above your head down to your feet, where a base is formed.
- Activate a large Sei He Ki at the base of your feet. This will enable the residual energies to be “flushed” into the ground.
- Relax and visualize how the light cleanses your physical, energetic, and spiritual bodies. On its way, it flushes down the unwanted energies stored in your energetic fields.
- When you’re done, be grateful and at peace that you were able to do this exercise.
It’s simple and effective at the same time. Of course, there are many more Reiki cleansing and protection methods, but I find the cone of light to be the simplest. Also, it contains a lot of power without compromising your interaction with the outside world.
I’m a firm believer in simplifying things and focusing on what brings the most significant impact. This approach has the potential to return results quicker while freeing up time that you can use to further improve.