Millions of people all over the world suffer from a lack of sleep. While some try to power through and push themselves, this often negatively impacts their health.
In fact, insomnia can create imbalances in our mental and emotional systems, leading to several problems such as anxiety, depression, and even obesity.
Fortunately, there are a number of things we can do to improve our sleep quality and quantity.
But before we go any further, there are 3 crucial questions one needs to ask:
- What happens when we sleep?
- What causes insomnia?
- How can Reiki help?
Understanding the above will give you a better idea of how you can use Reiki to improve your sleep.
So, let’s get started!
What Happens When We Sleep
From a spiritual perspective, our inner-self (the spirit) travels to lower or higher vibrational dimensions. Due to its “departure,” we become unconscious, especially in a deep sleep.
The quality of your spiritual life determines where your inner-self travels. In its journey, it absorbs the necessary energy and information needed to continue living in the physical plane.
Dreams may be a part of it or not. But most likely, they will connect to your inner-self randomly.
What Causes Insomnia
Insomnia can have many causes, both physical and mental.
Still, there is one that I believe it’s the most influential: overthinking. This lowers the brain’s vibration and quickly leads to stress.
“Stop overthinking! You will stress yourself out.”
You may be familiar with the statement above, but making it a reality is not a walk in the park.
Our mind is like a monkey, constantly jumping from one thought to another. It’s hard to control it, especially when we’re dealing with a lot of stress.
Another factor is the quality of energy you have been exposed to during the day.
Even in this situation, overthinking plays an essential role because we often attract our surroundings.
Changes in your overall vibration can also be a real cause from an energetic standpoint. Therefore, to have a good night’s sleep, you must also balance this area.
Yet, low-vibrational energies are not always bad. They are actually required for our bodies to function properly within the physical plane.
That’s why working on your spiritual side is good, but overdoing it can cause imbalances. Lacking grounding can lead to several issues, including insomnia.
Remember that we live in this physical world for a reason. Therefore, you don’t have to erase everything related to it to improve your spiritual life.
How Can Reiki Help
When you are overthinking, you become stressed and tense. In turn, this slows down the universal life force energy flow.
So, here’s what you can do:
- Use the alpha state breathing meditation while playing some high vibrational music. This will gradually calm and empty your mind, allowing the universal energy to flow more smoothly;
- Cleanse your energetic fields. You can do through the self-treatment, by adding Reiki symbols, or just by combing your aura of residual energies;
- Activate Cho Ku Rei + Sei He Ki on your primary chakras and on your feet before going to bed. This will balance the energy within your chakras and cleanse the energy fields they generate. Adding them to your feet will ‘push’ any excess residual energies downwards. If you are attuned to Karuna Reiki, you may activate Shanti on the third eye chakra;
TIP 1: A fast and efficient way of cleansing the chakras and energy fields is using chrism, a holy oil found in churches and temples. Place a drop on your skin in the crown, third eye, throat, and heart chakras, including their projections. Use it before bedtime as it dispels most negative energies and helps you enjoy a peaceful sleep.
TIP 2: You can silently play high vibrational music to help you fall asleep. 432Hz or 528Hz tunes are some of the best choices, but you can also use the Delta and Theta waves.
From a physical perspective, it’s best to avoid the following before bedtime:
- Overeating or not waiting 1-2 hours after dinner before going to sleep;
- Consuming foods such as coffee, chocolate, or energy drinks;
- Working on the computer or watching too much television in bed. The blue light suppresses the production of melatonin, a hormone that makes you feel sleepy;
- Consuming controversial media content. “Boring” shows/movies that don’t create strong emotions can actually help;
- Exposure to bright light;
Reiki is a great way to help calm and clear the mind, eventually reducing stress and overthinking. It can also help cleanse and balance your energy fields, promoting better sleep. Additionally, Reiki may be able to help dispel negative energies and restore balance within your chakras.
A good night’s sleep is the result of having a balanced system.
And… that’s the main goal you should have with Reiki rather than using it to fix a single issue.