In Reiki, self-treatment acts as the foundation for your health and spiritual growth.
Knowing the hand positions, symbols, and cleansing techniques is essential for building a healthy and stable practice.
But what happens when you want to help others that are far away?
That’s when Reiki distance healing comes into play.
Of course, it’s not as straightforward as it sounds.
While the “standard” procedure works well in supporting the overall well-being, it only addresses general issues. It usually cannot heal deeper, more serious conditions.
Sometimes dear ones require more assistance, and hopefully, this lesson will guide you to a solid result.
I was recently in this position.
A good friend went through a tough time with a lot of stress, and her health was starting to show the signs.
I couldn’t be there with her physically, but I knew I could do something to support her from a distance.
I knew that I had to act quickly, so here’s what I did to enhance the technique.
How To Go Beyond The “Standard” Reiki Distance Healing
- First, I activated my palms and chakras using the Reiki symbols. This enhances the energy flow and creates a layer of protection. You can always ask your spirit guides to assist you in the process;
- I then connected to that person using Cho Ku Rei + Sei He Ki + Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen sequence. You can visualize the person and try to perceive her mood and state of mind;
- The third step is to activate her primary chakras using the Reiki symbols you have access to. You can also use the cone of light method, allowing the residual energies to flow to the ground;
- Focus on the energy of the soul! Use all the Reiki symbols you have access to, especially Sei He Ki and Shika Sei Ki. Send energy to the person’s soul, allowing it to cleanse from all residual energies and negative programs. Depending on her health state, you should send distance healing to the soul for approximately 5-10 minutes;
- Continue sending Reiki at a distance for an additional 3-5 minutes, but shift your focus on the primary chakras. This will help regenerate the energetic fields;
- Use the combing technique to cleanse the energetic fields of negative or residual energies. This should take you another 3-5 minutes;
- Send distance Reiki to their Kundalini energy for 5-6 minutes. This will help the person recenter themselves by stimulating the vital energy;
- Finally, send distance healing to their brain. This supports clear thinking and opens the superior chakras to the universal energy. Stay in this area for about 5-6 minutes;
It might look slightly complex at first, but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it once you practice a few times.
If you genuinely care about that person, it will seem effortless, and the help manifested through you will be significant.
Keep in mind that the intervals I mentioned are just for reference, so spend as much time as you feel on each segment.
Also, remember to have their consent first and take the time to tell them what you’re about to do.
It’s also important to cleanse yourself after applying these methods.
Of course, if your intuition tells you to wait a bit longer before offering Reiki, then I suggest you listen to your inner feelings.
One Last Word
We are merely channels and do not heal directly. So, in the end, it’s not up to us to determine when the time is right for that person to receive Reiki.
NOTE: Take this lesson as a point of reference. This works for me, but it’s certainly not the only way. I encourage you to experiment and adapt to your rhythm. Try to listen to your intuition and develop your own style.
There’s a reason someone asks you for help.
You should be flattered and responsible enough not to take their vulnerability lightly.
You’re the one who decides how to approach the matter and when it’s best to do so.
It’s the only way to provide the optimum support for their greater good.